Design Engineering: Product Development / Project Management
OnPower, Inc. offers innovative industrial and marine engineering, design and manufacturing capability for industrial, oil & gas and marine power systems. Products are supported in the field with OPI trained service engineers having many years of rotating equipment experience.
OnPower staff composed of experienced mechanical, electrical and systems engineers, supported by designers and technical staff, using an integrated team business approach, produce innovative power product solutions. OnPower understands and designs to established engineering standards (API, ANSI, ASME, DNV etc.) but is not constrained to standard designs. OnPower's depth and breadth of experience combined with our project management skills allow us to offer unique innovative product design and the ability to focus on specific project needs for special purpose applications.
OnPower is a complete in-house electrical and mechanical systems provider. We provide diverse products and services to support multiple areas of power propulsion and electrical generation technology. The Company is ISO 9001:2008 certified furthering our commitment to providing quality products and services. When developing new products we enable clients to expand their product offerings and supplement their in-house engineering capabilities without additional staff, and tailor engineering solutions for each specific project using optimal resources and required skills.
Design & Manufacturing Facilities
- Office and Engineering Space: 8,250 SF
- Fabrication and Assembly Space: 75,000 SF
- Material Handling:
- Bridge Cranes - 32 tons; 4 tons; 3 tons
- Coating Capabilities - 14' x 32' paint booth with drying capability
- Truck docks and ramps (easy access to Interstate)
- Facility equipped with several welding processes and light machining
- Electrical and Controls clean room assembly area
Gas Turbine Equipment Testing Facility
- Test Pad - Concrete slab 100' x 150'
- Natural Gas & Liquid Fuel Capability
- 10 MW Resistive Load Bank
- 5KV & 15 KV, 50/60Hz Switch gear
- 480V - 400 kW Auxiliary Diesel Genset
- Power Control Room - 12' x 20'
- Data Acquisition System with high speed transient capture capabilities
^ Back to top
Product Development / Project Management:
OnPower offers innovative industrial and marine engineering, design and manufacturing capability for industrial, oil & gas and marine power systems. The Company is ISO 9001:2008 certified furthering our commitment to providing quality products and services.
Product development includes component evaluations and system FMEA failure analysis. Design methods include PC work stations with Unigraphics 3-D modeling capability with AutoCAD® for design and manufacturing. Analysis capabilities are augmented by ANSYS, I-deas, ABAQUS, NASTRAN and Cosmos/M® Finite Element Analysis software. Fluent Software is used to conduct CFD analysis.
Project Feasibility Analysis
We work together with our customers to review their energy demand and load profiles, recommend equipment selections for their energy needs and provide project cost estimates for their economic evaluation.
Specializing in first article product development
We enable clients to expand their product offerings and supplement their in-house engineering capabilities without additional staff, and tailor engineering solutions for each specific project using optimal resources and required skills.
We provide balance of plant equipment and / or system auxiliaries for power generation, marine propulsion and compressor drive projects. OPI engineers will select and recommend equipment to meet each projects requirements including;
- Electrical systems - motor control centers, generator switchgear, utility interface switchgear, transformers
- Power Control Room - Weather proof modules to house the gas turbine and driven equipment control panels, motor control centers, control power battery systems and turbine switchgear,
- Mechanical systems - turbine air inlet evaporative and chiller inlet cooling, fuel forwarding and conditioning systems, gas booster compressor, water treatment systems, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), selective catalytic reduction (SCR) for emissions control
OPI trained service engineers having many years of rotating equipment experience provide onsite installation supervision and commissioning services including:
- Supervise the installation of the gas turbine package, balance of plant and auxiliary equipment.
- Supervise the on-site commissioning and testing of the gas turbine package.
In addition to the normal commercial and technical project management responsibilities our project managers bring their years of expertise working with rotating equipment to help our clients focus on the objectives that drive the success of their product development or energy project.
OnPower's recent gas turbine propulsion unit design and package projects include:
- Twelve mechanical gas turbine drive packages for the Norwegian Navy FPB
- Three mechanical gas turbine drive packages for a high-speed mega-yacht
- 1 MW SOFC for RR Fuel Cell Systems
- RR 501-KB Dual fuel arctic duty generator package for Canadian utility
- RR 501-KB5 Off shore Platform generator package for a RR Engineered Solutions customer.
- Closed loop recuperative Rankine cycle waste heat recovery power system utilizing 3000 psi CO2 as the working fluid.
^ Back to top